Home Functions and tasks of the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Implementation of management in subordinate troops;
- Implementation of state policy in the field of defense and military construction;
- Equipping the troops with modern weapons, military equipment and logistics; expansion of military cooperation;
- Ensuring the organization of recruitment and training of Armed Forces personnel.
- Responsible for development of national military strategy, conceptual foundations of organization and development of the Armed Forces;
- Provides strategic and operational planning and directs combat operations;
- Develops and implements measures for the rapid and combat readiness of forces, their organizational and staff skills in the forms and methods of use of troops;
- Within the limits of its competence, issues directives and orders binding on all ministries, state committees and departments, commanders of services of the Armed Forces;
- Performs the functions of the main body of operational and strategic management of the Armed Forces, military districts, ministries, state committees and departments.